AERIAL SERVICES Firefighting
Firefighting with the Erickson S-64 Aircrane Helitanker
The Erickson S-64 Aircrane Helitanker is the most versatile, powerful, and cost effective aerial firefighter in the world. Since certification in 1992, the Helitanker has seen worldwide service, fighting fires in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Borneo, Italy, Greece, France, Turkey, and Australia.Read full story
- Our patented ram scoop hydrofoil allows the Helitanker to refill from fresh water and sea water sources in less than 45 seconds.
- A flexible hose snorkel features a high pressure impeller and can draw water from any water source 18 inches (45 cm) or deeper as fast as 45 seconds.
- The 2,650 gallon (~10,000 litre) tank drops water, retardant, or foam mix. Microprocessor controlled tank doors offer eight individual coverage level options.
- 8/26/2008 Los Angeles Firefighters, preparing for the most challenging fire season in recent history, bring in Erickson Air-Cranes, the biggest helitankers of them all
- 5/1/2008 Erickson Air-Crane Signs 8.5-year, 200-million Euro Civil Protection Aircraft Lease Contract with the Government of Italy
- 11/15/2006 ERICKSON AIR-CRANE MEETS THE CHALLENGE OF A MAJOR U.S. FIRE SEASON
- 10/5/2005 Erickson Helitankers Assist in Wildland Fire Use Strategy